Arlington’s Community Tree Canopy Program 2019
The Arlington Tree Committee has embarked on a subsidized tree-planting program made possible with funds from the Town of Arlington’s Trees Please Fund. This program is managed by the Arlington Tree Committee, and is not related to ongoing street tree planting managed by Arlington’s DPW.
When you plant the right tree in the right place, it can help improve air and water quality, manage storm water runoff, sequester carbon, provide shade to buildings and streets, and make neighborhoods more enjoyable. It’s a win for you and the town!
Splendid red fall color and acorns
Tolerates pollution and compact soil
Grows to 60-75′, with 35’ spread
Rosy pink flowers in the spring
Heart-shaped leaves and 2-3” pods
Full sun or light shade
Grows to 20-30′, with 30’ spread
Cost: $65 delivered.
Red Oak, arrives in a 7 gallon container (retail value with delivery of $150)
Redbud, arrives in a 5 gallon container (retail value with delivery of $200)
Delivery Date: Friday, May 3rd (tentative). Trees will be delivered by New England Nurseries. You will be provided with planting instructions and exact delivery date after submitting payment.
Spring 2019 Eligibility:
- Arlington homeowners or businesses
- Recipient must be willing to plant and water tree
- Planting location should be on private property, preferably 20 feet from street or sidewalk
- Trees available on a first-come, first-served basis
- Indicate interest in a tree by sending an email with your address to ArlTreeCmte@gmail.com
- Submit Community Tree Canopy Program Registration Form and payment to secure a tree
Questions? email email@example.com