2018 Spring Community Tree Canopy Program –
The Arlington Tree Committee has embarked on a subsidized tree planting program made possible with funds from the 2012 John MacEachern Bequest to the Town of Arlington. This program is managed by the Tree Committee, and is not related to ongoing street tree planting managed by Arlington’s DPW.
When you plant the right tree in the right place, it can help improve air and water quality, manage storm water runoff, sequester carbon, help save you money on utility bills, and make neighborhoods more enjoyable. It’s a win for you and the town!
HOW IT WORKS
The Tree Committee has partnered with New England Nurseries to sell 50 trees to Arlington residents and businesses at prices well below market value. Purchasers will plant these trees on private property, within 15 feet of a public street or sidewalk, and will water and care for them. The Tree Committee will deliver purchased trees and provide information on how to plant and care for them.
Act now! The supply is limited!
FOR SALE THIS YEAR
Northern Red Oak
- Fast-growing tree
- Splendid red fall color and acorns
- Tolerates pollution and compact soil
- Grows to 60-75′
- $65, arrives in a 5 gallon container (retail value with delivery $150)
Hawthorne ‘Galli’ Thornless
- Late-blooming, white flowering tree
- Preferred tree for songbirds
- Great red fall color and red berries
- Grows 25-30′
- $65, arrives in a 7 gallon container (retail value with delivery $200)
HOW TO PURCHASE A TREE
- Email a request to the Arlington Tree Committee (ArlTreeCmte@gmail.com). Be sure to include your address so that we can deliver the tree to you.
- Print the Tree Request Form and mail or bring it to the address on the form along with a check for $65 made out to the Town of Arlington.
- When your payment has been processed, you will be provided with planting instructions and the exact delivery date (tentative date, Arbor Day: April 27).
Email them to the Arlington Tree Committee (ArlTreeCmte@gmail.com).
For more information on the Arlington Tree Committee, visit arlingtontrees.org. And be sure to follow us on Facebook!
Note: This program is managed by the Tree Committee and is not related to ongoing street tree planting managed by Arlington’s DPW.