ALL 25 trees have been placed with Arlington residents. Twenty-four trees will be planted in East Arlington and one tree outside the area.
The Arlington Tree Committee has embarked on a community tree canopy program made possible with funds from the 2012 John F. MacEachern Bequest.
HOW IT WORKS
The Tree Committee will sell 25 trees to Arlington residents and businesses at prices well below market value. Purchasers will plant these trees on on private property, within 15 feet of a public street or sidewalk, and will water and care for them. The Tree Committee will deliver purchased trees and provide information on how to plant and care for them.
This year we are focusing sales on East Arlington (Hardy and Thompson school districts) because the tree canopy in this area is low.
Act now! The supply is limited!
FOR SALE THIS YEAR
- Tree: White Flowering Dogwood (Cornus florida), 4-5 ft.
- Cost: $50.00 (retail value with delivery of $150.00)
- Delivery date: April 29, 2017 (tentative; exact date to come)
- Availability: On a first come, first-served basis.
- Delivery: New England Nurseries will deliver the tree to you
HOW TO PURCHASE A TREE
- Email a request to the Arlington Tree Committee (ArlTreeCmte@gmail.com). Be sure to include your address so that we can deliver the tree to you.
- Print the request form and mail or bring it to the address on the form along with a check for $50 made out to the Town of Arlington. Click here to view and print the form.
- When your payment has been processed, you will be provided with planting instructions and the exact delivery date.
Email them to the Arlington Tree Committee (ArlTreeCmte@gmail.com) or call 617-306-6786 to speak to a Tree Committee member.
For more information on the Arlington Tree Committee, visit arlingtontrees.org. And be sure to follow us on Facebook!
Note: This program is managed by the Tree Committee and is not related to ongoing street tree planting managed by Arlington’s DPW.