Arlington’s Community Tree Canopy Program 2020
The Arlington Tree Committee has embarked on its fourth year of a subsidized tree planting program made possible with funds from the Arlington Department of Public Works’ Trees Please Fund.
When you plant the right tree in the right place, it can help improve air and water quality, manage stormwater runoff, sequester carbon, attract wildlife, help save you money on utility bills, and make neighborhoods more enjoyable. It’s a win for you and the town!
This program is managed by the Arlington Tree Committee and is not related to the town’s ongoing street tree planting managed by Arlington’s DPW.
October Glory Red Maple (Acer rubrum)
- Native, fast-growing shade tree
- Dark green summer leaves, turn brilliant red/orange in the fall
- Full sun to part shade
- Grows 40 – 50 feet tall, 25 – 30 feet spread
Cost: $65 delivered.
October Glory Red Maple Tree, arrives in a 7 gallon container (retail value with delivery of $130)
Delivery Date: May 8th, 2020 Trees will be delivered by New England Nurseries. You will be provided with planting instructions and the exact delivery date after submitting payment. Any trees sold after May 8th will be delivered by Arlington Tree Committee
Spring 2020 Eligibility:
- Arlington homeowners or businesses
- Planting location should be on private property
- Homeowner must be willing to plant and water tree
- Trees available on a first-come, first-served basis
How to obtain a tree:
- Fill out the form below, provide your contact information, indicate your tree preference, and submit it back to the Arlington Tree Committee (ArlTreeCmte@gmail.com)
- We accept payment by check payable to Town of Arlington and postal mailed to: Arlington Tree Committee @ 22 Addison Street, Arlington MA 02476 OR send money to The Arlington Tree Committee via PayPal the Arlington Tree Committee. Please include your address and tree choice on the memo line. Payment must be received to secure a tree.