The Arlington Tree Committee has embarked on a subsidized tree-planting program made possible with funds from the Town of Arlington’s Trees Please Fund. This program is managed by the Arlington Tree Committee, and is not related to ongoing street tree planting managed by Arlington’s DPW.
When you plant the right tree in the right place, it can help improve air and water quality, manage storm water runoff, sequester carbon, provide shade to buildings and streets, and make neighborhoods more enjoyable. It’s a win for you and the town!
Northern Red Oak (Quercus rubra)
- Fast-growing tree
- Splendid red fall color and acorns
- Tolerates pollution and compact soil
- Grows to 60-75′, with 35’ spread
Eastern Redbud (Cercis Canadensis)
- Rosy pink flowers in the spring
- Heart-shaped leaves and 2-3” pods
- Full sun or light shade
- Grows to 20-30′, with 30’ spread
Cost: $65 delivered.
Red Oak, arrives in a 7 gallon container (retail value with delivery of $150)
Redbud, arrives in a 5 gallon container (retail value with delivery of $200)
Delivery Date: Friday, May 10th for Oaks, Tentative delivery Wednesday May, 22nd for redbuds. Trees will be delivered by New England Nurseries. You will be provided with planting instructions and exact delivery date after submitting payment.
Spring 2019 Eligibility:
- Arlington homeowners or businesses
- Recipient must be willing to plant and water tree
- Planting location: on private property, preferably within 20 feet from street or sidewalk
- Trees available on a first-come, first-served basis